In effect from May 25, 2018
Collection of personal data
1.1 Collection at purchase
When you make a purchase with salmologic ApS, we will collect your contact information and information necessary in order to process your order. As a general rule, the data we collect includes your contact details (name and address), your e-mail and telephone number.
1.2 Other collection
When you access or use our Services, we automatically collect information about you, including:
• Log Information: we log information about your use of our Services, including the type of browser you use, access times, pages viewed, your IP address, and the page you visited before navigating to our Services.
• Device information: we collect information about the device you use to access our Services, including information about the device’s software and hardware, Media Access Control ("MAC") address and other unique device identifiers, device token, mobile network information and time zone.
• Usage information: we collect information relating to your use of our Services, including which applications you use.
• Consumption information: we collect information about your consumption habits relating to your use of our Services, including which purchases you make.
• Information using web beacons (also known as "tracking pixels"). Web beacons are electronic images that may be used in our Services or emails and help deliver cookies, count visits, and understand usage and campaign effectiveness.
• We also collect other information you provide directly to us, such as when you participate in a contest and promotion, request customer support, send us an email or otherwise interact with us. The types of information we may collect about you include your name, email address and any other information you choose to provide.
• We may also obtain information from other sources and combine that with information we collect through our Services. We may also collect information from app stores when you download or update one of our applications (we currently do not have applications, but may develop them in the future).
To the extent that you order on behalf of a company/legal entity, then this privacy notice applies when we collect personal data on you as a contact-person.
2. Use of personal data
We may use information about you for various purposes, including to:
• Provide, maintain and improve our current Products and Services;
• Develop new Products and Services;
• Respond to your comments, questions and requests and provide customer service and support;
• Send you notices, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages;
• Communicate with you about products, services, offers, promotions and events offered by salmologic and others, and provide news and information we think will be of interest to you;
• Improve our Products and Services
• Personalise and tailor advertisements, content or features to you personally - so-called profiling and behavioural marketing;
• Process and deliver contests and rewards;
• Monitor and analyse trends, usage and activities relating to our Products and Services;
• Link or combine with information we get from others to help understand your needs and provide you with better service; and
• Carry out any other purpose for which the information was collected.
• In response to a request for information if we believe disclosure is in accordance with any applicable legal requirement;
• If we believe your actions are inconsistent with the spirit or language of our terms or policies, or to protect the rights, property and safety of salmologic ApS or others;
• To report abuse or clearly illegal activity
• In connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another company; and
• We also may share aggregated information or otherwise anonymised information, which cannot reasonably be used to identify you.
• Our Services may offer social sharing features and other integrated tools (such as the Facebook "Like button"), which let you share actions you take on our Services with other media, and vice versa. The use of such features enables the sharing of information with your friends or the public, depending on the settings you establish with the entity that provides the social sharing feature. For more information about the purpose and scope of data collection and processing relating to social sharing features, please visit the privacy policies of the entities that provide these features.
3. Recipients of your personal data
"Your personal data" are the data we collect about you upon purchase (as described in section 1.1) and other collection (as described in section 1.2.).
3.1 Disclosure to salmologic’s collaborating partners
We use a number of partners and subcontractors with whom we have agreements in order to process personal data. EU/US Privacy Shield is used if the processing takes place in the United States.
The agreements regulate what personal data is being processed, why the processing is done, how personal data are to be protected, how it can be processed and for how long.
3.2 Disclosure of data to courts or authorities
We may use the Personal Information we collect or receive about you for our legitimate business interests, including:
To meet legal requirements, including complying with court orders, valid discovery requests, valid subpoenas, and other appropriate legal mechanisms.
To provide information to representatives and advisors, including attorneys and accountants, to help us comply with legal, accounting, or security requirements.
To prosecute and defend a court, arbitration, or similar legal proceeding.
To respond to lawful requests by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements.
4. Deletion of personal data
We will delete your personal data when we no longer need to process them in relation to one or more of the purposes set out above.
Generally, we will store your personal data for as long as is required to deliver the service and support. Otherwise we will store your personal data for up to 8 weeks or longer if legal requirements demand us to do so.
However, the data may be processed and stored for a longer period in anonymised form in order for us to improve the service.
We have implemented security measures to ensure that our internal procedures meet our high security policy standards. Accordingly, we strive to protect the quality and integrity of your personal data. This includes encryption of data and use of pseudonymisation or anonymisation whenever applicable. It also includes physical and logical access control, backup, logs, encrypted communications and other measures to mitigate risks. However, the data may be processed and stored for a longer period in anonymised form in order for us to improve the service.
7. Your rights
You are at any time entitled to be informed of the personal data about you that we process, but with certain legislative exceptions. You also have the right to object to the collection and further processing of your personal data. Furthermore, you have the right to have your personal data rectified, erased or blocked. Moreover, you have the right to receive information about you that you have provided to us, and the right to have this information transmitted to another data controller (data portability).
If you wish to know more and/or exercise any of these rights, please contact us at email@example.com
8. Withdrawal of consent
You may, at any time, withdraw any consent you have given and we will no longer process your personal data, unless we can continue the processing based on another purpose. If you wish to withdraw your consent, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
9. Amendment of data, etc.
If you want us to update, amend or delete the personal data that we process about you, if you wish to get access to the data, or if you have any questions concerning the above guidelines, you may contact us at email@example.com
If you wish to appeal against the processing of your personal data, please contact us as indicated above. You may also contact the Danish Data Protection Agency, Borgergade 28, 5., 1300 Copenhagen K, Denmark.